"The simple inherit folly, but the prudent are crowned with knowledge." ~TNIV

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Suggestion for Texas Governor Rick Perry

I have a serious suggestion for Gov। Rick Perry and his aides who are trying to find ways to save money with the Texas Prison system health care program---
Dear Mr. Perry,
Let Texas prisoners do what I do and what my teenage son has to do...go without health care unless they are really-really ill and then, they can still do what I have to do- wait some more until I am really sick. Then give them minimal treatment because that's all I can afford and I have neither been a menace to society nor broken the law!
Taking that action will save you just short of one billion dollars every two years. Then we can take a small portion of those funds and funnel it into the reduction of monthly health care insurance premiums which will make at least a minimal insurance package a little more affordable for the lower, middle working class who make $217 too much a month to co-pay coverage for their sons and daughters.


This plan will still save the state a half billion dollars or more and will effectively improve the health of law-abiding, federal tax burdened citizens. This is only right since Texas receives federal funding for our prison systems.


It's just an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated. I do ask that you remember this is an open, public blog, so please be considerate toward others.