"The simple inherit folly, but the prudent are crowned with knowledge." ~TNIV

Friday, December 30, 2011

Wisdom w/Age -- Really?


Does wisdom truly come with age?

This is a question that’s been rolling around in my head for a few weeks.


Wisdom is generally thought to be acquired as you get older. You know, each year brings new experiences and ideas that are either proved true or false and we all learn from this and move forward…thereby increasing in wisdom.
I’m a people watcher. Have you been any place where middle aged or older adults gather? At the mall, the Walmart, the airport, a park…pretty much anywhere?

I’ve watched a lot of adults who should have gotten a lot of wisdom, but I’ve noticed that they don’t often use it if they have it. How is that?


So maybe wisdom comes with age, but it has to be applied to be of any use.
I have more thoughts on this, but as always not enough time to get enough out, so I will get back to you… more later.