Get off it Kathryn Aberle! The tax payers are already paying for 1) PP and 2) for children with no parents and single parent as well as two parent families---it's called Welfare and Medicaid!
3) Please stop throwing around false information. "Every day 1000 women die of complications of pregnancy and childbirth. This leaves over a million children motherless every year." Where on the earth did you get these numbers? Really- over a million from just 1,000 women? Do you know how to use a simple calculator? That would be 1000 babies per woman!
Sadly, millions of women do die every year globally. The truth is that the majority of these precious women do not die for lack of abortion choices! They die in the actual process of labor or pre-labor care...because they do not have or get proper medical care or nutrition during their pregnancy. Here's a note for you-- get credible sources! My word!
The lifetime risk of women to suffer from this tragedy, in industrial countries, 1 in 4000! Of ALL the world's pregnancy related deaths, 99% occur in underdeveloped countries..that leaves only 1% for all industrial countries and that includes the U.S.! 1%! Let's remind our selves that PP is not a global organization so it is focusing on less than the U.S.'s share of that 1%.
PP loves to tote the life and death issue banner as their harrowing act of humanitarian service, but the absolute truth bears out the facts- the vast majority of abortions are elective NOT life or death choices.
Here's a better plan, help these woman and children to have better health care during pregnancy and in their lives then we will see a serious decline in the problem. Instead of throwing energy and resources into a murder-mill, they should be put to work helping women survive and thrive. Join a movement that is ethical and one that helps improve the quality of life and reduces true suffering. There are several great organizations- PP however is neither an ethical organization nor a true help to women who have no choices; death is never an option and again, don't throw up the life or death choice because we already clarified that the vast majority of PP abortions are elective.
You further show duplicity when you state that "These children are far more likely to die..." again, it is not right that PP propagates these things because deaths by starvation is a sad condition in other nations, but not in the U.S. Do we have far too many children who live in poverty and who will go to bed hungry many nights, yes. Again, join an organization working to stop this and to improve the daily nutrition and lives of these children and their families.
PP does ZERO to help with child poverty and malnutrition so please spare us your diatribe about how abortions solve this problem. One more time, the majority of U.S. abortions are elective!
You also stated "Why don't you focus your energies on correcting this situation instead of restricting others' rights?
Really? PP is being funded by my tax dollars and the tax dollars of ALL tax paying Americans! It is against our will, but PP gets those federal funds. How dare you say such a ridiculous thing! SO not only are my tax dollar being wasted on PP, but the good citizens are also funding out of our own private resources, organizations that DO make a difference and are working to help pregnant women have healthier pregnancies and finding loving homes for "unwanted" children, and are feeding America's poverty stricken communities.
And do not even start about how PP is correcting anything! If they are "correcting" things then how on THE earth is it that they are servicing more women and teens than ever yet the problem with "unwanted" pregnancy is at an all time high...yet PP is receiving unprecedented funding! WHERE is all that PP money going then? It is not because more women are finally liberated to get an abortion, the money is funneled into the pockets of its employees and its chief officers.
Lastly, at least for this moment...
PP ranks with one of the single worst decisions our government has ever made and I for one an tired of funding it. I want a choice where my tax dollars go when used to help Americans and it is not PP.